We thank our community for their understanding and patience as we clarified advice from official departments relating to the evolving management of the Novel Coronavirus.
We now have the same information from both State and Federal agencies.
In summary children and staff can attend school when:
- they have travelled from other provinces of mainland China (and have not been in Hubei province) and arrived prior to 1 February 2020.
- Students and staff who have only been to Hong Kong, Macau or Taiwan.
However, you cannot attend school if:
- you have travelled from Hubei Province within the past 14 days, you must isolate yourself until 14 days have elapsed after leaving Hubei Province.
- you have left, or transited through, mainland China on or after 1 February 2020 you must isolate yourself until 14 days after leaving China.
- you have been in close contact with a confirmed case of novel coronavirus, you must isolate yourself for 14 days after last contact with the confirmed case.
In conclusion, any student who is onshore and arrived on or before 31 January 2020 and has not travelled to Hubei province can resume classes tomorrow Tuesday 4 February 2020.
In light of this information the planned briefing for this evening will not be necessary and has therefore been cancelled.
We understand this is a challenging situation for students and their families and we are working hard to minimise disruption. If you have any further questions please contact the relevant School Section Director for your child.
ELC and Junior School Clair Marshall: firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior School Mark Pobjoy: email@example.com
We will continue to keep our community updated as further information is provided by the relevant departments.
The following link is to the documented advice provided by the Australian Government Department of Health.