An opportunity to extend critical thinking skills in a supportive and challenging environment.
Students accepted into the program are excused from two lessons per cycle to participate in small group discussions focusing on critical thinking, communication and collaboration.
Students will explore:
• how to express their thinking clearly and confidently to others
• how to deal with controversial questions that don’t have clear-cut answers
• how to work collaboratively with open-mindedness and respect for different perspectives
• how to use evidence in an argument
• how to question the assumptions underlying different points of view
• how to evaluate different ideas, and weigh up which arguments are more (or less) convincing
• how to reflect on the quality of their own reasoning (and how to improve it)
Application Process: Applications are accepted in Term 1 of each academic year. For more information regarding the program, please contact the Head of Curriculum Dorothy Allan email@example.com