Scholarships for General Excellence (Co-curricular) are offered to new and current students entering ELTHAM College into Years 7, 8 and 9 on the basis of a student profile, academic results and interview.
The number of General Excellence (Co-curricular) Scholarships offered each year is dependent on the quality of applications and the number of places available. Each scholarship attracts a partial reduction in tuition fees as determined by the Principal.
A General Excellence (Co-curricular) Scholarship is tenable until the completion of secondary education and is subject to the College’s Conditions of Entry. Periodic performance reviews to assess that the student continues to demonstrate outstanding commitment, effort, progress, involvement, contribution, and influence on peers form part of the terms.
Applications for 2018 scholarships are now open!
Applications for General Excellence (Co-curricular) Scholarships are made directly to the College using the ELTHAM College General Excellence (Co-curricular) Scholarship Application Form (see below).
Please fill in the Application Form and return it to the College together with:
* The Student Profile must include information and supporting evidence (no originals please) to demonstrate:
1. Primary School Captain, or other leadership role
2. State or National success in sport or other activity (for example Mathematics Olympiad, Chess, Debating, F1 in Schools)
3. Demonstrable high level performance in a creative pursuit (for example exhibited Art, major role in theatre performance)
4. Demonstrable high level performance in an intellectual pursuit (Distinction/High Distinction in Writing, Science, Poetry competitions)
5. Recommendation from the student’s school teacher or principal (external students only) and/or other relevant community leaders (sport coaches, community organisations etc).
Students who demonstrate outstanding achievement, commitment and potential will be invited for an interview with the selection panel in Term 2 of the year prior to entry. Shortlisted applicants will then be invited, together with their families, to attend an interview with the Principal.
Please note that not all applicants will be invited to attend an interview, and unsuccessful applicants at each stage in the process will be notified by mail or email.
A Scholarship for General Excellence (Co-curricular) is subject to a periodic performance review which addresses the criteria applicable to all scholarships at ELTHAM College.
Applications close Friday 31 March 2017
Scholarship Registration Fee: $95.00
Terms and Conditions
To view the terms and conditions please click here.